The city is festively lit. The weather is perfect. Enjoy the beauty, the simplicity, of St. Augustine! Here are 10 ways to view the lights.
Top 10 places to enjoy St Augustine’s Nights of Lights
- Radiant stars reflect in the bay, as do the lights adorning the buildings… Stroll along the bayfront from the Castillo to the Bridge of Lions.
- Dinner by Christmas Lights, anyone? The sights and sounds of the plaza from A1A Ale Works’ upstairs porch are festive (1 King St).
- The Plaza de la Constitution is reminiscent of a European plaza. Stroll through, claim a bench for a few or spread a picnic blanket under the lights. Parking around the plaza is free after 5 (use 26 Cathedral Place if you need a GPS address), or park in the garage & walk down St. George St.
- St. George Street, of course! And, if it’s a warm enough night, grab a toasted coconut ice cream from Kilwin’s or some yummy gelato from Cafe del Hidalgo to share.
- Climb aboard the sailboat Freedom. After the sun sets, lights twinkle across the water- creating a breathtaking view.
From a blanket on the lawn of the Castillo. The parking lot is always open (yay! after years of it closing with the park…) and you only have to pay M-Sat until 5:00.
- From the Holly Jolly Holiday Trolley or the Big Red Train! Those glasses alone are worth price of admission.
- Take a quiet stroll off the beaten path. The beauty of Old Town extends beyond the commercialized blocks- explore and enjoy!
- Romantics and tourists with tired feet both love viewing the lights from a horse-drawn carriage! You’ll see them lined up between the Castillo and the Bridge of Lions.
- Enjoy them with a side of history on a Historical Walking Tour or a Ghost Tour. Wish all a Very Merry Christmas as you watch out for the Ghost of Christmas Future… lest the future he shows you be grim!