First things first- if you don’t have a twitter account or are wondering what a twitter chat is, read this-> twitter chat post. Now then… I am so excited to announce #FLChat!!! I’m partnering with @SavinFamlyMoney in chats that focus on our amazing home state. We love Florida!
Come to pick up tips for your next vacation, come to meet other Floridians who tweet, come to win the cool prizes we’re giving away… just come to have some Florida Fun!!! No need to RSVP this time, just use #FLChat to be eligible to win.
#FLChat is the first Thursday of each month at 9 pm EST. Save the date!
Karen posted a helpful post on Saving the Family Money about tonight’s twitter chat. (I know, it’s not the FIRST Thursday. This month we’re doing it 1/10/13 at 9 pm EST) I’ll share some of her tips here, check out her site when you get a chance!
- You can ‘reply’ to anyone and they will see your tweet or you can ‘retweet’ (or copy) a tweet and it will resend to all your followers.
- During our Chat I recommend you use Tweetgrid to make it easier to follow along. I’ve already created the Tweetgrid Chat Here. There are other programs, but this is my favorite.
Here is a screenshot
- Everyone Tweeting with the Hashtag #FLChat will show up in the left column.
- The middle Column will be the Chat or Party hosts and anything they tweet
- The right column you can enter your Twitter handle (Twitter name) and it will show all tweets for you. An easy way to see people who are talking directly to you or Retweeting your tweets.
- If you want to type a tweet, enter it into the Tweet box above and it will send with the #FLChat hashtag already added to your tweet.
#FLChat offers giveaways thanks to our sponsors! If your business would like to sponsor #FLChat, email me for details! We also host Florida twitter parties- a full length chat just for your business. And I offer Social Media Boot Camps for St. Augustine area businesses who want to catch their team up on the latest Social Media trends. Let me help you!
See ya at #FLChat!!