Catch 27 is my favorite seafood restaurant in St. Augustine. Fresh fish local fishermen caught the night before are what you’ll find featured at dinner that night… unless you don’t like seafood, in which case you should try the meatloaf which I hear is amazing.
If you’re craving Catch 27 but can’t find a parking spot downtown, try this recipe at home:
- 1 tbsp. minced shallots
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fish stock or clam juice
- 10 ounces linguine pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 oz butter
- 8 to 10 little neck clams
- Salt and pepper to taste,
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, grated, garnish to taste
- Parsley or scallions for garnish
- In a saute pan, sweat garlic and shallots in olive oil for 1-2 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Turn heat to high, add wine, clam juice and clams to pan; cover and cook till some of the clams just begin to open.
- Remove lid and reduce cooking liquid by 75 percent. Add pasta and butter to pan, cook till butter just melts.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt or pepper.
- Plate, garnishing with parsley or scallions, lemon and Parmesan cheese. Serves 1-2.