There are only 7 days ’til Christmas! You can read 12 ways I’m celebrating Christmas in St. Augustine starting with this 12 Days ’til Christmas post or go to the Nights of Lights page for a Christmas Countdown via photos of St. Auggie’s #NightsOfLights. Simply St. Augustine posts contain affiliate links.
5 Ideas for a Nights of Lights Date Night!
In the middle of the holiday hustle & bustle, it’s imperative to make time for your spouse! So, with 5 days to go in our countdown, I’ll stick with a theme of 5’s as I suggest 5 ideas for a St. Augustine Nights of Lights date night!
- Tasting Tours Nights of Lights Wine & Carriage Tour We loved this relaxing, horse-drawn carriage tour- and the lights looked better than ever after a bottle of wine with my hubby! *wink*
- LOCAL Christmas Shopping! Wrap up the last-minute shopping needs, whether goodies for the kids or hostess gifts, in St. Augustine.
- KIDS: Olde Towne Toys is your one-stop-shop. They’ll even wrap the gifts for you!
- HOSTESS: Declaration Co in Uptown has all things Florida, fun and unexpected for the hostess you’d like to show thanks to.
- MOM: Spanish Dutch Convoy’s selection of bags and purses is broad enough to please the mom in your life from kitschy to classy. This local biz has 2 locations- one in Uptown across from Declaration Co and the other in the heart of town at St. George Street & Cuna.
- DAD: Stop by BlackFly The Restaurant for a gift card, a fly-fishing-themed belt or cap or some original art by local artist Vaughn Cochran.
- A romantic dinner at Michael’s Tasting Room, Collage or Catch 27 followed by a stroll along the bayfront will leave you longing for a romantic weekend away in St. Augustine once it’s a quiet town again in January!
- Slow dance in the plaza. Put Michael Buble on your portable speaker and dance cheek to cheek… the best memories often cost the least!
- Watch the lights from the deck of the Schooner Freedom. There’s something magical about being on the water with your lover… it gets even better when the view is a moonrise and a twinkley town!
St. Augustine is a romantic city year round. We love the locally owned restaurants with gourmet food and quiet spots to gaze over the water. But this time of year is special- might as well enjoy it in a special way! Viva Romance! Viva St. Augustine!